Re: [ksurf] Re: string set-up

  • Peter Traykovski
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      1 cm doesn't really matter since you will find the kite has a tunable range of 6" or so  for a 7.5 and 10" or so for the big ones 13.5, 15.5. Starting with the front strings a few inches longer than the back at max power setting is a good place to start. You will then trim to suit the conditions at the time on the water.

      mdelliott@... wrote:
      I found the instructions that came with my Naish Kite and it says to
      make sure the front lines are one centimeter shorter than the back
      lines. You're making the front lines several centimeters longer.
      What does this do as far as power and handling? I assumed that the
      front lines at 1 cm. shorter was max power. MARK

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, alexportman@e... wrote:
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...>
      wrote:
      I've just switched my naish 4 line setup to a longhorn bar and
      duh...! forgot to measure strings. Can anybody tell me exactly
      how much longer the centre line is than the sidelines.
      Alex
      About the width of your hand. That's how I measure mine.
       Thanks, but I just wanted to know how you gotta hold of my
      hand?

      Peter Traykovski
      Applied Ocean Physics & Engineering Dept.
      MS#11, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
      Woods Hole, MA  02543
      ptraykovski@...  (508)-289-2638
      http://penguin.whoi.edu