Re: neverending kitemares

  • metafizx@email.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      More on the controversy of leashes:

      "I could go on and on with other "events" I have had kitesurfing,
      including issues with board leashes and kite leashes. With the
      latter two, I am going to completely revise my set up. Forget
      about the stock Naish wrist leash for the kite, dangerous and
      unusable when doing 360s. Board leash also equally dangerous
      (if not more), I have even had it wrap around my neck in mid-air
      (leash length too long?). Pros aint using any sort of leashes, I
      think I'll follow suit for the sake of personal safety - I'm sick
      of getting beat up!"

      reply...

      "take a day and practice body dragging up wind. I know a number
      of directional guys who have done this and can get to their board
      in one or two passes. Then 86 the leash!
      The wrist leash setup a number of guys here have been using is a
      pass through the bar leader line with a stainless steel ring on the
      bottom. The wrist part is often a surf ankle Velcro to two feet of
      webbing and a quick release to snap to the stainless ring. Makes
      for quick unhooks to spin your bar free of twists and such. I am
      using a Davinci bar with a slightly different pass-through and
      quick release system."