Re: [ksurf] Re: Hawaiians Rule/ we suck/ chill Lemke

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      > Hay That Danial guy from Davinci was in my area talking shit about the
      local
      > guys here . He said that the locals here don't know shit cause they havn't
      > been to Hawaii.
      > What the fuck does that mean? Also ask why he wasn't on his kite no
      response.

      just got the latest kiteboarding magazine... it talks as if kitesurfing only
      happens in hawaii... it reminds me too much of windsurfing magazine in the
      past when they basically only showed hawaii...too bad... also am i the only
      one who noticed how it got cheaper (paper) and lower quality articles ? just
      my opinion as a reader but theres one article that says 10 tips to go big.

      some of the tips arent even tips but just jokes... I tell myself that its a
      young sport and a young magazine and it will improve but it started off much
      better than this and this last issue was a bit of a let down
    • kitesrfer@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
        Snip
        << FL just does not have all the
        ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
        see some very good riders coming from there in any case.
        Vern >>

        Like Flash and Lou for starters! There may be hope for the windless (part of
        the time), Sunshine State.

        Rick
      • vernw@mauigateway.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
          Like Flash and Lou for starters! There may be hope for the windless
          (part of
          > the time), Sunshine State.
          >
          > Rick

          Most of the top riders here are from somewhere else! There is a reason
          that they relocate to Maui.

          Vern

          --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, kitesrfer@a... wrote:
          > Snip
          > << FL just does not have all the
          > ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
          > see some very good riders coming from there in any case.
          > Vern >>

        • Andy Heaton
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2000
            Hi All

            Localism.

            I had a funny thought the other day while watching Dylan launch everyone's
            kites down at kitebeach, on the only kiteable day for a few days here.

            I met Richard Maise at the trade show in Florida, great guy who obviously
            likes to stir the pot and digs kitesurfing 100%. Kinda like Dylan over here.

            Todd, I've not met, his good mate Jeff Quick (we were having a chat, at a
            time when Todd was in the middle of a write off thread on the groups)
            mentioned he's a quiet, unassuming, friendly guy down the beach, that helps
            lesser abled kiters out all the time...a real helpful person!......hehe

            ...that's funny, sounds like Dylan to me.

            All three hardcore kitesurfers that like to stir the pot and shock everyone
            out of complacency and get on with kiting.

            As Kurt Cobain would say (if he could), it's all just 'Territorial Pissing'
            ...this location thing and thus a load of crap ;-)

            Kite on.

            Andy Heaton
            http://www.kitehigh.com

            Stonker SHARK Twin Tips Available, dealer enquiries welcome.
            New site, New gear added daily!
            New clothing range.

            Em: support@...
            Ph: 808 242 2956