Re: Hawaiians Rule/ we suck/ chill Lemke

  • vernw@mauigateway.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      Now, now gentlemen!
      That is just one mans opinion, which in a free and democratic society
      is still allowed.

      I understand Dylan's point of view: He is at Kite Beach most every
      day. Though he swaps info with us all on a regular basis, mostly he
      just rides, and rides very well I might add!

      A lot changes happen in a week here where most designers live and
      test their stuff. Most of the boys don't spend much time talking
      fluff...just the facts so they can hit the water without delay!
      This habit fosters impatience with conversations that stray from the
      point. He is to be forgiven.

      At the time he posted that comment we had just begun the new forum
      and he was addressing it to the local guys who ride here. It is nice
      todo the info swapping at home on the CPU rather than on the beach
      while chomping at the bit to launch your kite.

      As far as Florida boys eclipsing Maui riders, consider this: Most of
      the top riders here are from somewhere else! There is a reason that
      they relocate to Maui. To progress farther than Maui riders your
      location would not only require the leading equipment designers but
      very large waves as well. I can guarantee most of you have not seen
      what is going on in the big waves yet! FL just does not have all the
      ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
      see some very good riders coming from there in any case.

      Vern

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Richard Maise" <RMAISE@T...> wrote:

      > Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
      > interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we
      all
      > kooks and unintelligent? I think not. Almost everything I have
      > learned came from eGroups. I am grateful! I guess living in Hawaii
      > does give you a swelled head! Give us a few years to catch up, I
      will
      > bet my money the Florida crew will be kickin some Hawaiian ass!!!!!!
      >

      > In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Lemke, Mike" <mike.lemke@s...> wrote:
      > > Yes....go ahead and have some intelligent, worthy "decussions" w/
      > one
      > > another.

    • Richard Maise
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        --- No worries Vern,
        Just stirring the pot a little. I'm just jealous of Dylan. He lives
        in Maui and is more arrogant than I am! Next time I'm the hood, I'm
        gonna throw a scarecrow mobe over him!!