Re: [ksurf] Re: Hawaiians Rule/ we suck/ chill Lemke

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
      Who's really HAWAIIN In Hawaii . I though the US stole their island so the
      Hawaiian's left . Now it's just Chapenese, French who call them selfs
      hawaiians, some fat Somoans they used to kick my ass in jr high, and a handful
      of mainlanders from the US that think it's my island.

      Hay That Danial guy from Davinci was in my area talking shit about the local
      guys here . He said that the locals here don't know shit cause they havn't
      been to Hawaii.
      What the fuck does that mean? Also ask why he wasn't on his kite no response.

      I say piss of your all abunch whiney kiss asses your island, my island, i'm
      from that island. Who gives a shit.....

      Stefano wrote:

      > > Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
      > > interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we all
      > > kooks and unintelligent?
      >
      > i am fine with being called an unintelligent kook - what makes me laugh is
      > the comments i have heard (from more than one internationally sponsored
      > rider) that nobody on the egroup kitesurfs at all...

    • Stefano
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
        > Hay That Danial guy from Davinci was in my area talking shit about the
        local
        > guys here . He said that the locals here don't know shit cause they havn't
        > been to Hawaii.
        > What the fuck does that mean? Also ask why he wasn't on his kite no
        response.

        just got the latest kiteboarding magazine... it talks as if kitesurfing only
        happens in hawaii... it reminds me too much of windsurfing magazine in the
        past when they basically only showed hawaii...too bad... also am i the only
        one who noticed how it got cheaper (paper) and lower quality articles ? just
        my opinion as a reader but theres one article that says 10 tips to go big.

        some of the tips arent even tips but just jokes... I tell myself that its a
        young sport and a young magazine and it will improve but it started off much
        better than this and this last issue was a bit of a let down
      • kitesrfer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
          Snip
          << FL just does not have all the
          ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
          see some very good riders coming from there in any case.
          Vern >>

          Like Flash and Lou for starters! There may be hope for the windless (part of
          the time), Sunshine State.

          Rick
        • vernw@mauigateway.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
            Like Flash and Lou for starters! There may be hope for the windless
            (part of
            > the time), Sunshine State.
            >
            > Rick

            Most of the top riders here are from somewhere else! There is a reason
            that they relocate to Maui.

            Vern

            --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, kitesrfer@a... wrote:
            > Snip
            > << FL just does not have all the
            > ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
            > see some very good riders coming from there in any case.
            > Vern >>

          • Andy Heaton
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2000
              Hi All

              Localism.

              I had a funny thought the other day while watching Dylan launch everyone's
              kites down at kitebeach, on the only kiteable day for a few days here.

              I met Richard Maise at the trade show in Florida, great guy who obviously
              likes to stir the pot and digs kitesurfing 100%. Kinda like Dylan over here.

              Todd, I've not met, his good mate Jeff Quick (we were having a chat, at a
              time when Todd was in the middle of a write off thread on the groups)
              mentioned he's a quiet, unassuming, friendly guy down the beach, that helps
              lesser abled kiters out all the time...a real helpful person!......hehe

              ...that's funny, sounds like Dylan to me.

              All three hardcore kitesurfers that like to stir the pot and shock everyone
              out of complacency and get on with kiting.

              As Kurt Cobain would say (if he could), it's all just 'Territorial Pissing'
              ...this location thing and thus a load of crap ;-)

              Kite on.

              Andy Heaton
              http://www.kitehigh.com

              Stonker SHARK Twin Tips Available, dealer enquiries welcome.
              New site, New gear added daily!
              New clothing range.

              Em: support@...
              Ph: 808 242 2956