Re: Hawaiians Rule/ we suck/ chill Lemke

  • Richard Maise
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
      interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we all
      kooks and unintelligent? I think not. Almost everything I have
      learned came from eGroups. I am grateful! I guess living in Hawaii
      does give you a swelled head! Give us a few years to catch up, I will
      bet my money the Florida crew will be kickin some Hawaiian ass!!!!!!

      unsubscribe@egroups.com

    • vernw@mauigateway.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        Now, now gentlemen!
        That is just one mans opinion, which in a free and democratic society
        is still allowed.

        I understand Dylan's point of view: He is at Kite Beach most every
        day. Though he swaps info with us all on a regular basis, mostly he
        just rides, and rides very well I might add!

        A lot changes happen in a week here where most designers live and
        test their stuff. Most of the boys don't spend much time talking
        fluff...just the facts so they can hit the water without delay!
        This habit fosters impatience with conversations that stray from the
        point. He is to be forgiven.

        At the time he posted that comment we had just begun the new forum
        and he was addressing it to the local guys who ride here. It is nice
        todo the info swapping at home on the CPU rather than on the beach
        while chomping at the bit to launch your kite.

        As far as Florida boys eclipsing Maui riders, consider this: Most of
        the top riders here are from somewhere else! There is a reason that
        they relocate to Maui. To progress farther than Maui riders your
        location would not only require the leading equipment designers but
        very large waves as well. I can guarantee most of you have not seen
        what is going on in the big waves yet! FL just does not have all the
        ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
        see some very good riders coming from there in any case.

        Vern

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Richard Maise" <RMAISE@T...> wrote:

        > Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
        > interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we
        all
        > kooks and unintelligent? I think not. Almost everything I have
        > learned came from eGroups. I am grateful! I guess living in Hawaii
        > does give you a swelled head! Give us a few years to catch up, I
        will
        > bet my money the Florida crew will be kickin some Hawaiian ass!!!!!!
        >

        > In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Lemke, Mike" <mike.lemke@s...> wrote:
        > > Yes....go ahead and have some intelligent, worthy "decussions" w/
        > one
        > > another.

      • Richard Maise
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
          --- No worries Vern,
          Just stirring the pot a little. I'm just jealous of Dylan. He lives
          in Maui and is more arrogant than I am! Next time I'm the hood, I'm
          gonna throw a scarecrow mobe over him!!