[ksurf] jump tips

  • David Ambrose
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 11:03 AM
      i am proud to say i am finally able to stay up wind, and i have even
      landed some jibes and jumps...hurray! (thanks to a lot of you!!!) the
      windsurfers at our local beach are feekin!

      ok, now i am asking for jump tips, ie how to fly the kite to maximize air?
      i am flying wipika 5.0 and 3.5 and a custom kiteboard (yes the winds have
      f i n a l l y kikd' in around San Francisco bay..gail force later
      today). with a windsurfing background, i know how to maximize board air
      off of chop, but i need some help with the kite bit.

      so far, my best jumps have been when the kite is souring up fast from
      around 2 Oclock toward 12 Oclock when i hit the ramp... once in the air,
      i am attempting to fly the kite to 10 Oclock, then h a n g and back to 12
      for landing, finally to 2Oclock for powering back up on the original tack.

      also i have found it easier to get air with shorter kitelines because the
      kite is more responsive...

      any comments/tips would be most appreciated! e kitecamp!

      thanks again for all the great climbing+ jibing tips!! you guys rule!

      \''/ David

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/kitesurf