[ksurf] Re: Canada Saluts Kitesurfing !

  • dmcphail@idirect.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 1999
      <00ee01be8cf3$7e520a80$d5afd4c-@ixtwykpv> wrote:
      Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=2223
      > Hi Folks,
      > Is there anyone on this list who kitesurfs in Ontario? I'm located in Muskoka (2 hours north of Toronto)but spend the summer at Sauble Beach. It would be great to have some training partners! I've got a new 3.3 m Sport Wave I trying out right now...a bit cold ..but OK for this time of year....the water is only 5 degrees celcius and the air temperature 15 degrees c. I'm using a 4.3 mm wetsuit.
      > Any kitesurfers planning on visiting Ontario this summer? I'm hoping to organize a demonstration sport for the summer. Interested? Please drop me a line at my private e-mail
      > ghs@...
      > Daniel

      Dan, Neighbour, Summer Sailing and Volleyball Partner, Future Kitesurfing Training Partner,... Count Me In!
      As a long-time windsurfer, from what I've seen of Kitesurfing, I have to try it! It looks like Kitesurfers get an exponentially larger amount of air off of surface chop than windsurfers do. I must know this first-hand! What does a complete rig cost?
      Can't wait to check out your equipment at French Bay!

      Tres Bon!

      Read ya soon....

      Dave.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/kitesurf