New Wakeboarddesigns

  • Ronald Kittag
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi all,

      brousing through the latest issue of kiteboarding mag, I got the impression
      that the picklefork design is slowly becomming outdated. Still over 90% of
      the wakeboardpics are pickleforcs, but Elliot and Mauricio seem to use on
      their latest pics also different shapes.
      The cabrinah-board Elliot rides on the pages 21 to 23 is a single-fin
      pintail-board with channels.
      Mauricio rides something that looks like a LF trip (but isn't) in the
      airrush-ad at the back of the cover.
      While I could find an explanation why someone wants a squaretail (like the
      board Mauricio rides) instead of a swallow-tail on his (wake-)kiteboard, to
      give more pop off the wake, I don't know any reason for a pintail.
      A pintail has not signifficantly more area than a swallowtail in the
      tailsection so it shouldn't pop any better, but it has a significantly
      shorter edge so it should not cut as well. I don't believe that the channels
      can compensate for that.
      So what's the reason for pintails?
      Can anybody shed some light on that, please?

      Later Ronald
    • Richard Maise
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
        interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we all
        kooks and unintelligent? I think not. Almost everything I have
        learned came from eGroups. I am grateful! I guess living in Hawaii
        does give you a swelled head! Give us a few years to catch up, I will
        bet my money the Florida crew will be kickin some Hawaiian ass!!!!!!

        unsubscribe@egroups.com

      • vernw@mauigateway.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
          Now, now gentlemen!
          That is just one mans opinion, which in a free and democratic society
          is still allowed.

          I understand Dylan's point of view: He is at Kite Beach most every
          day. Though he swaps info with us all on a regular basis, mostly he
          just rides, and rides very well I might add!

          A lot changes happen in a week here where most designers live and
          test their stuff. Most of the boys don't spend much time talking
          fluff...just the facts so they can hit the water without delay!
          This habit fosters impatience with conversations that stray from the
          point. He is to be forgiven.

          At the time he posted that comment we had just begun the new forum
          and he was addressing it to the local guys who ride here. It is nice
          todo the info swapping at home on the CPU rather than on the beach
          while chomping at the bit to launch your kite.

          As far as Florida boys eclipsing Maui riders, consider this: Most of
          the top riders here are from somewhere else! There is a reason that
          they relocate to Maui. To progress farther than Maui riders your
          location would not only require the leading equipment designers but
          very large waves as well. I can guarantee most of you have not seen
          what is going on in the big waves yet! FL just does not have all the
          ingredients to make that happen, though it would not surprise me to
          see some very good riders coming from there in any case.

          Vern

          --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Richard Maise" <RMAISE@T...> wrote:

          > Found this post in another discussion group. Thought it would be
          > interesting to let yall' know what this guy thinks of us. Are we
          all
          > kooks and unintelligent? I think not. Almost everything I have
          > learned came from eGroups. I am grateful! I guess living in Hawaii
          > does give you a swelled head! Give us a few years to catch up, I
          will
          > bet my money the Florida crew will be kickin some Hawaiian ass!!!!!!
          >

          > In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Lemke, Mike" <mike.lemke@s...> wrote:
          > > Yes....go ahead and have some intelligent, worthy "decussions" w/
          > one
          > > another.

        • Richard Maise
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
            --- No worries Vern,
            Just stirring the pot a little. I'm just jealous of Dylan. He lives
            in Maui and is more arrogant than I am! Next time I'm the hood, I'm
            gonna throw a scarecrow mobe over him!!