Re: new FLexifoil waterfoil

  • Peter Barnes
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2000
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Greg Walsh" <gregwal@e...> wrote:
      > I'm not suggesting their quality is suspect, just curious as to why
      > it takes sooooo long to produce a new kite. I'm not targeting
      > Flexifoil but they would be a good example. I assume their
      designers
      > work at kite designing all day every day. You'd think they could
      > knock out a prototype couple of days if they wanted to and travel
      > where the wind's blowing to test it out. I'm told it takes 12 hours
      > to make a paraglider from starting the cutting machine to wrapping
      it
      > up and putting in the bag. I know one manufacturer went through 25
      > prototypes for one model and they brought out 4 different models
      over
      > 2 years.

      Yeah, I agree. Thing is, money and kites is a relatively novel
      concept, and it's money that lets you do R&D, expand production
      facilities, pay people to fly etc. There'll be a bit of Darwinian
      selection among the brands soon enough, I guess.

      Now, I dunno about you, but I'm off to the beach :-)
      Pete
    • Ronald Kittag
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2000
        > Elliot has got some air miles on Blades, but both
        > are now with Liquid
        > Force, right?

        Lou's riding Liquidforce, but Elliot has switched to Cabrinah-kites recently