Re: mambo results

  • deejay@zeta.org.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2000
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, kitesurfer@b... wrote:
      > could someone please let me know who won the event as i had to
      leave
      > early Sunday, and i would also like to know what the prizes were.
      > Darren

      G'Day Darren,
      First Place went to John Messenger for his keeness and good attitude
      also his wave riding and consistency won him the nod from the judges.
      John was out there first every day and sailed well all day in some
      pretty ordinary conditions at times. First prize was a new Wipika
      8.5m Freeair kite.

      I cannot remember who the rest were, but I believe one of the guys
      from Nomotu took a place as did Chris Feidler from Maui, and I think
      also Laine Thomas. The runners up etc got the best picks and I think
      the Pickle fork wakeboard (less bindings) went early as did the
      Extreme board.

      Sorry for the blurry results, but it is indicative of my entire
      memory of the weekend at Mambo.

      Hope ya had fun!

      All the best,

      Darren