Re: [ksurf] string set-up

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2000
      > I've just switched my naish 4 line setup to a longhorn bar and
      > duh...! forgot to measure strings. Can anybody tell me exactly
      > how much longer the centre line is than the sidelines.
      > Alex

      About the width of your hand. That's how I measure mine.
    • alexportman@excite.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...>
        wrote:

        > > I've just switched my naish 4 line setup to a longhorn bar and
        > > duh...! forgot to measure strings. Can anybody tell me exactly
        > > how much longer the centre line is than the sidelines.
        > > Alex
        >
        > About the width of your hand. That's how I measure mine.

        Thanks, but I just wanted to know how you gotta hold of my
        hand?
      • mdelliott@waco.expresspersonnel.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
          I found the instructions that came with my Naish Kite and it says to
          make sure the front lines are one centimeter shorter than the back
          lines. You're making the front lines several centimeters longer.
          What does this do as far as power and handling? I assumed that the
          front lines at 1 cm. shorter was max power. MARK