Re: [ksurf] new site

  • David Trewern
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2000
      on 1/12/00 3:26 AM, Dave Flory at daflory@... wrote:

      >> Got the latest issue of kiteboardingmag (its quite good again) and found
      >> this: www.kiteboard.com
      >> really nice site with a killer layout.
      >
      > That's a matter of opinion, I killed it and went on to something else
      > before it go done with all the opening animations. Typical of sites where
      > the makers don't realize that people come for information on Kiting and
      > equipment, not to look at rotating letters, etc. If they paid someone to
      > do the site they need fire them and get a new webdesigner.

      Yeah - who has time to watch a big K slowly rotate on the screen - and what
      value is there for anyone in that?

      There is some good content in there - but they have used flash and design
      techniques to make it less accessible - not more accessible.

      I wont be going there again, because I donĀ¹t have 10 minutes to waste
      reading 100 words of text. I am all for unique web design - but I don't
      think this site has the balance right.

      DT