Bindings (was:footstrap angles?)

  • sean compton
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
      hey steve,
      Sounds good up there in Antigua. Down here in St. Lucia its been
      15-20kt. wind with sudden lulls - every 10 minutes - I'd be charging
      and then my kite drops out the sky. Not too good this week. Anyway, I
      was sent a pic of some bindings that might interest you (see files).
      They seem easily adjustable for footstance ... I think they are coming
      standard on the new Bic Airflow asymetric twintip. Maybe I'll see you
      in Antigua soon, it seems much better than here right now, and I want
      to try out my ARC. Are any of you guys going to the Virgin Tour event
      that Corey posted on the kitesurfcaribbean egroup?

      bindings pic at: http://www.egroups.com/files/kitesurf/seans+files/
      later
    • ssgray@candw.ag
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2000
        Hi Sean.
        Lots of wind here, but I'm too busy working right now to take
        advantage of it. Hopefully I will get my new board finished before
        the wind stops. Thanks for the bindings photo, that will be helpful.
        Right now I am putting together a basic setup with normal footstraps
        and heel bungees with nylon straps and bungee woven through. It's a
        bit uncomfortable, but it will have to do for now. As you know,
        living in the Caribbean is great, but unlike all the other guys's on
        the group (in the U.S. and Canada anyway), we don't have a surf shop
        on the corner or quick delivery for every little bit of hardware.
        Just getting it through customs here in Antigua is a nightmare. I
        heard about the Virgin Islands kite tour coming up, but for my job,
        it is the busiest time of the year, so I won't be able to go. It
        sounds great. If you are coming to Antigua, send me an email to let
        me know and I can show you some of the local spots we use.

        Happy Kiting
        Steve Gray