Re: [ksurf] arc v waterfoil

  • Paul Watson & Debra Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      G'day,

      I would add to this that the Waterfoil is cheaper to buy and has more power
      for area and turns quicker, size for size. The Arc doesn't superceed the
      Waterfoil. They are very different kites and you need to work out what you
      want from a kite. The Arc is a better kite for most average flyers and is
      certainly much more stable than the Waterfoil - both in pitch and yaw/roll.

      Smooth Winds,

      Paul Watson
      WILDKITES
      paul@...

      The ARC is his latest, with the ability to "sheet" in & out*, and no bridle
      to tangle or cause drag. It is reportedly impossible to luff (or very
      nearly
      impossible), & quick to waterlaunch. I have a set of the three largest
      sizes
      on order, but they're not supposed to be available until the beginning of
      the
      year. Apparently there are some semi-prototype "1st & 2nd generation" ARCs
      available now, with limited sheeting range.
      * Adjust angle of attack for varying wind conditions giving a huge wind
      range
      like a 4-line inflatable.

      Mel