Selfregulation of Crandon Park

  • gomogli@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2000
      I agree with Chris from Kitesurfusa in Ft. Lauderdale, that unless we
      regulate ourself we will run into problems.
      It starts with people "teaching" Kitesurflessons at Crandon Park, that
      themself dont really know how to kitesurf well, and ends at people not
      respecting the Beach, meaning pulling in theit Pickup Truck almost
      over the Dunes, so they dont walk one step to much.......

      Well i can promise you one thing, i have already spoken to some of the
      other guys, who have been kitesurfing there since the beginning, and
      we will try to take things in our own hand, in a positive way, not
      aggressive......

      I hope it works out, because the spot is awesome......
    • dfginc@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2000
        I conqour, Crandon is one of the nicest spots in s.fla. I was
        there on Friday and talked to one of the lifeguards... he said that
        since it was overcast & there was nobody on the beach we could
        launch & land S. of the north stand, but unless you are givin
        permission by a guard you should not be south of the north
        lifeguard stand.
        Beginners can still learn here if they just walk North to the point,
        launch from there & come in before they get to the N. stand.
        All of us that love to kite here have to work together.

        pray 4 wind
        scott.
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, gomogli@h... wrote:
        > I agree with Chris from Kitesurfusa in Ft. Lauderdale, that unless
        we
        > regulate ourself we will run into problems.
        > It starts with people "teaching" Kitesurflessons at Crandon Park,
        that
        > themself dont really know how to kitesurf well, and ends at people
        not
        > respecting the Beach, meaning pulling in theit Pickup Truck almost
        > over the Dunes, so they dont walk one step to much.......
        >
        > Well i can promise you one thing, i have already spoken to some of
        the
        > other guys, who have been kitesurfing there since the beginning, and
        > we will try to take things in our own hand, in a positive way, not
        > aggressive......
        >
        > I hope it works out, because the spot is awesome......
      • Philip Burke
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
          Where is Crandon Park in S. Florida? Ft Lauderdale?-

          What are the kiting restrictions there?
          Does anyone know other Kite friendly beaches/laucnhes in the Ft.
          Lauderdale area?
          Phil B.

        • pjburkemedleys@tinyworld.co.uk
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2000
            --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Philip Burke" <Remtgnow@A...> wrote:
            > Where is Crandon Park in S. Florida? Ft Lauderdale?-
            >
            > What are the kiting restrictions there?
            > Does anyone know other Kite friendly beaches/laucnhes in the Ft.
            > Lauderdale area?
            > Phil B.
            >
            >Hi Phil
            This was the first time for me on this site, I am just getting into
            kitesurfing do already windsurf, just caught me out seeing another
            phil burke.
            phil (pjburkemedleys@...)