Re: [ksurf] Re: Wakeboard technique

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2000
      > -Youre right, Flash's wakeboard style of riding sucks. He's not a
      > wakeboarder, He's a kiteflyer/ surfer.

      actually i wasnt commenting on his wakestyle, he had a directional at the
      time.

      Lou W. said he has just
      > started using a wakeboard. Wakeboarding is'nt something you pick up
      > over night. It takes years to develop the tricks and "Style" Flash is
      > a great rider, but he has a long way to go on a wakeboard. Have you
      > ever seen Lou or Elliot ride? Once you do you probably will have a
      > change of opinion.

      on video...looks like they go big and spin a lot... not much style though

      The term aesthetic to me means pretty, or
      > beautiful, or something. You wont get that out of wakeboarding. What
      > you get is more like " HOLY SHIT! DID YOU SEE THAT ?"

      EXACTLY !! this is what I mean... aesthetic means that people look at it
      and have pleasure from the view... wakeboarding or kitesurfing with a
      wakeboard is much more "in your face" ! i saw a guy on a JL PFork spin 4-5
      times (cant count that fast).. you see it and you go DAMN ! but he landed
      in a big splash and it didnt look graceful... its like bungee jumping in
      the xgames and gymnastics... in the first one you are impressed by the balls
      the guy has, in the second you are impressed with the coordination of
      movements in the air and the soft perfect landings.

      I much prefer to see Franz Olry do a VERY SLOW single loop with a lazy grab
      and a feather soft landing than see the triple spin on a wakeboard....

      and i like to jibe...but as I always say, to each their own... (its like
      comparing carving a smooth turn on a smooth powdery slope on a snowboard or
      watching a guy do triple flips at a big air contest)