HEY DO IT YOUR SELFERS

  • Todd Snyder
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      Mount for your naish chicken loop!

      Holt stanchion mounted fairlead part # HA455

      Later,
      Todd
    • wyndjunkie@msn.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Todd Snyder <boomjib@e...> wrote:
        > Mount for your naish chicken loop!
        >
        > Holt stanchion mounted fairlead part # HA455
        >
        > Later,
        > Todd

        where can you get them
        and what is the cost James
      • Greg Walsh
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          Go to http://www.holtallen.co.uk/ and click on Stockists.

          The fairlead is under Blocks and Stanchion Mounted.

          Basically go to any yachting shop and ask them to order it in. The
          part shown has a 25mm bracket. It might not fit on a 32mm Naish bar.
          I don't believe there is a 32mm stanchion mount.

          You can also get screw on fairleads in plastic and stainless steel
          for about AUD$2:00. Attach it with coarse thread stainless self-
          tapping screws and plenty of silicone to prevent leaking. Don't know
          how strong it is, I haven't finished mine yet. My local marine shop
          says the screws will be as strong as the surrounding aluminium.
        • David Trewern
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
            Cool Todd,

            What is the diameter of the main ring? Is it 2.5 inches like the longhorn...
            Or bigger?
          • David Trewern
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
              Thanks Greg - you have already answered my question..

              And sorry - I meant 2.5cm!

            • kitesurfer@go.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2000
                Does anyone know of a web-site or mail order marine supply place to
                get these things?