Re: [ksurf] FLOW BEE

  • KiteBoard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2000
      It's not just you. I did not notice any difference between a reelbar & the
      plain stock Naish bar while riding, only while carrying it around.

      Mel

      ronsurf@... (Ronsurf) wrote:

      << I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Does weight matter that
      much to any else when it comes to bars? I've never used a reel type bar, but
      I don't think I care how heavy it is. I spend most of my time hanging from
      it anyway!-)

      I guess it's just me. >>
    • sysb@free.fr
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2000
        Hi
        weight: don't you know about the french reel bar. its weight less
        than 2 ponds lines includes

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Ronsurf" <ronsurf@i...> wrote:
        > I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Does weight
        matter that
        > much to any else when it comes to bars? I've never used a reel type
        bar, but
        > I don't think I care how heavy it is. I spend most of my time
        hanging from
        > it anyway!-)
        >
        > I guess it's just me.
        > Ron

        AR5s.
        > > If i get back where started Im thrilled. Jumping is fun, although
        > > the only landing method I've been able to master is kicking off my
        > > board and taking a deep breath.
        > > Went out with a 11.5, Launched real easily, "brake star" works
        > > pretty good, you can operate with your thumb and seems to be very
        > > secure once tightened. Unlike hand brake which was pretty much on
        or
        > > off the brake star could be finely adjusted to where you could
        set it
        > > to where the kite slowly reeled out all the way with just enough
        > > power to stay aloft.
        > > The inner harness loop was well placed, easy to hook into. You
        could
        > > set this position of the trim with the brake or leave it to where
        it
        > > powers back up when you get out of the loop. Once going the
        > > additional weight is not noticeable. Worked the same as a nash
        bar,
        > > or with the brake it can operate like an adjustment strap on my
        > > longhorn bar(still have to use the inner loop to tighten and
        > > releasing brake to loosen).
        > > Bringing the kite down take a little more work than I thought but
        > > manageable. I was able to bring it down faster sitting down,
        putting
        > > my foot into the inner loop and pumping away with my leg. After
        the
        > > first push out with your arms the kite goes into the depowered
        > > position and stays there, was a tendency To fly past vertical and
        > > then drop. Slight back and forth seems to prevent this.One time
        the
        > > kite dropped and landed ind grassy area so I did the majority of
        the
        > > wind up on the ground without a lot of tension on the lines.
        MISTAKE.

        unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>

      • metafizx@email.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2000
          Can you tell me more about this "french reel bar". Is it 4 line? how
          much $ is it?

          I bought a Flowbee reel. So far it seems to work ok. Basically same
          comments as below. We are testing it here in Oahu. The main issue I
          see is that if you drop the bar, it will sink and get stuck on
          something. Flowbee is making some sort of float for it, but havent
          seen it yet. The standard Naish bar floats.

        • sysb@free.fr
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
            Hi,
            I use the SKYTE BAR for 4 monthes now, and it works perfect. Right
            now they have only 2 lines models but they work o, 4.
            my bar is unsinkable (less 2pds) and unwind on charge from few meters
            to 45. you dont have anything to do to stop lines tey are by default.
            press the two hands protects and the lines unreel at the speed
            yougave with the efficient brake. go and get a look at www.skyte.net
            bye

          • sammy@mailops.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
              That Skyte bar looks pretty slick. Looking forward to what they come
              up with for 4 lines.

              For those of us that don't speak French try
              http://www.babelfish.com/Translations.shtml

              Sammy

            • metafizx@email.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
                A 4 line system is hard to make work well, quite a few 2 line models
                out now. The Flowbee is the only 4 line one that I know about, it is
                pretty good, but heavy. They are making some floats for it. I hope it
                gets lighter.

              • holl@powerup.com.au
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
                  Hi,
                  Can you tell me a little more about the Skyte reel bar? I looked at
                  the pictures on their French website, but I still don't quite
                  understand how it works. Can you wind the kite in with the lines under
                  tension eg with the kite in the air or on the water ? Can you fly the
                  kite with only part of the length of the line released eg 20m of a 40m
                  line ? Can you release the lines with the kite in the air ? For 1500
                  French Francs it sounds much cheaper than other reel bars and ? much
                  lighter. Has anyone else got any experience with this bar ?

                  Holger