Re: [ksurf] Quality photo for Screen Background

  • **
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 2, 2000
      go to

      flysurf.com, they do have a nice wall paper

      cheers

      Steffen
      >Does anyone have a high quality large kitesurfing photo suitable for a
      >screen background at 1024x768 resolution? Most of the photos on the
      >kitesurfing related sites are too small and look grainy when blown up.
      >
      >Thanks.........Mike
      >
      >The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools -
      >The first foils with a real depower and safety System: Stamos and Mosquito
      >II Pro KS
      >
      >For more informations, please visit: www.windTools.com

    • Lemke, Mike

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2000
          Mike,

          Check the photo archives at http://www.peterlynnkites.com . They have some
          large size photos in there. Not always the greatest shots, but I have found
          a few I like.

          Mark Frasier

          on 11/1/00 12:02 PM, Lemke, Mike at mike.lemke@... wrote:

          > Does anyone have a high quality large kitesurfing photo suitable for a
          > screen background at 1024x768 resolution? Most of the photos on the
          > kitesurfing related sites are too small and look grainy when blown up.
          >
          > Thanks.........Mike
          >
          > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools -
          > The first foils with a real depower and safety System: Stamos and Mosquito II
          > Pro KS
          >
          > For more informations, please visit: www.windTools.com

        • Tim Bracey
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2000
            We have some v.high quality and big photos of Kane in action on our site in
            the Photo Gallery section (+ the Kiteboarding Downunder video for free
            download). Get there from
            http://www.cheapkites.co.uk
            Ombok Extremesports

            >From: Mark Frasier <brockus@...>
            >To: <kitesurf@egroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [ksurf] Quality photo for Screen Background
            >Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:14:26 -0500
            >
            >Mike,
            >
            >Check the photo archives at http://www.peterlynnkites.com . They have some
            >large size photos in there. Not always the greatest shots, but I have found
            >a few I like.
            >
            >Mark Frasier
            >
            >on 11/1/00 12:02 PM, Lemke, Mike at mike.lemke@... wrote:
            >
            > > Does anyone have a high quality large kitesurfing photo suitable for a
            > > screen background at 1024x768 resolution? Most of the photos on the
            > > kitesurfing related sites are too small and look grainy when blown up.
            > >
            > > Thanks.........Mike
            > >
            > > The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools -
            > > The first foils with a real depower and safety System: Stamos and
            >Mosquito II
            > > Pro KS
            > >
            > > For more informations, please visit: www.windTools.com

            >The Kitesurf Group is sponsored by windTools -
            >The first foils with a real depower and safety System: Stamos and Mosquito
            >II Pro KS
            >
            >For more informations, please visit: www.windTools.com

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • Tsunami Sports
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2000
              Sure Mike,

              I know it's propaganda, but how about some images from the NAISH promo CD?
              These are really good quality etc.

              Send me a mail at: info@... if you want them.

              Regards,

              Shaun Pretorius
              Tsunami Sports

              Tel: +27 31 2019776
              Fax: +27 31 2019685
              www.tsunamisports.co.za

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 21, 2000
                Here's a pic of my friend Jeff Quick last summer . This is quaility!!!!!

                Later ,
                Todd
              • Lemke, Mike
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                  Thanks Todd,

                  I got a lot of feedback and a lot of great photos. Thank you everyone. The
                  attached was my favorite and now resides on my work PC for all to see. I
                  trimmed it down to 1024x768 to load faster.....Mike

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                    Hey Todd & Mike,

                    Those shots are really cool, but could you post them, to the files section
                    and just send a link to the group? It makes it a lot nicer for those of us
                    with dial-up connections trying to check mail on the way out the door.

                    BTW, Jeff Q. really does look that cool in person, Hehehe ;)

                    Thanks,
                    Mark Frasier

                    on 11/22/00 1:11 PM, Lemke, Mike at mike.lemke@... wrote:

                    > Thanks Todd,
                    >
                    > I got a lot of feedback and a lot of great photos. Thank you everyone. The
                    > attached was my favorite and now resides on my work PC for all to see. I
                    > trimmed it down to 1024x768 to load faster.....Mike

                  • Lemke, Mike
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                      Oooops. Sorry about that. That was a little inconsiderate to send to 700+
                      members. Didn't mean to litter the information superhighway. Perhaps after
                      Gore weasles his way into office he will invent an internet entitlement for
                      all underprivledged internet users.

                      Those shots are really cool, but could you post them, to the files section
                      and just send a link to the group? It makes it a lot nicer for those of us
                      with dial-up connections trying to check mail on the way out the door.

                      BTW, Jeff Q. really does look that cool in person, Hehehe ;)

                      Thanks,
                      Mark Frasier

                      on 11/22/00 1:11 PM, Lemke, Mike at mike.lemke@... wrote:

                      > Thanks Todd,
                      >
                      > I got a lot of feedback and a lot of great photos. Thank you everyone.
                      The
                      > attached was my favorite and now resides on my work PC for all to see. I
                      > trimmed it down to 1024x768 to load faster.....Mike

                    • Todd Snyder
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                        I still think this pic of me doing a back loop is my favorite. Its what I have
                        on my desk top.

                        Later ,
                        Todd

                        "Lemke, Mike" wrote:

                        > Thanks Todd,
                        >
                        > I got a lot of feedback and a lot of great photos. Thank you everyone. The
                        > attached was my favorite and now resides on my work PC for all to see. I
                        > trimmed it down to 1024x768 to load faster.....Mike

                      • Ronald Kittag
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                          Here's a little selection of holiday pics of my friend Wolfi and me:
                          http://www.egroups.com/files/kitesurf/pics/

                          maybe too small for a screenbackground but deffinately high quality!

                          Later Ronald
                        • Todd Snyder
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                            Dude sweet, but one more this is a wide angle shot but it's sweet..........

                            Later,
                            Todd

                            Ronald Kittag wrote:

                            > Here's a little selection of holiday pics of my friend Wolfi and me:
                            > http://www.egroups.com/files/kitesurf/pics/
                            >
                            > maybe too small for a screenbackground but deffinately high quality!
                            >
                            > Later Ronald

                          • Lemke, Mike
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                              This isn't another one of those "kite tug" ideas is it?

                              Better bring up the helium thread again.....This baby's gonna need all the
                              power we can give her!

                              Thanks Todd....I'll update my PC's background.

                            • claudio_e@my-Deja.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                                Todd,

                                your girl?

                                well, ah ... "nice".

                                I'm happy to live on another continent...
                              • Todd Snyder
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                                  your just jealous ,you wish you were that thin.....

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 22, 2000
                                    :-)) ah, I see, so thats why YOU took her!
                                    And thats why you need a 20m2 naishAR5. lol!