Re: "depower and safety System" retrofit

  • Saul Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2000
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Greg Coron <gcoron@s...> wrote:
      > Saul & Stefano,
      >
      > You both have implemented the depower ("and safety") system.
      > I am considering doing the same.
      > The WindTools site almost makes it sound like a non-issue as
      compared to
      > backing up w/the brake line.
      > I find this hard to believe.
      >
      > What are your observations on how this affects relaunch from nose
      down position?

      Can't comment I'm sorry - I've yet to put a kite down whilst
      kitesurfing! (I was into power kiting for 2 years before I had the
      money to venture into the water - guess that helps!)

      I'll let you know when I do!

      Saul

      PS - I have considered wacking on an extra brake line for this
      purpose but I haven't got round to it yet - I never stray that far
      from shore even with water-relaunchables - nothings garunteed
      whatever setup you use.