Re: [ksurf] Re: STAMOS 8m

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      > I set up the depower system exactly as shown on the windtools website
      > (www.windtools.com) you have to add the extra bidling yourself (and
      > play around a bit until you get the right dimensions) but it's hardly
      > rocket science. I may try implementing the power-braking sysytem but
      > at the kite end rather than the bar end - this means I'll still be
      > able to use the depower system - someone posted it a while back and
      > in principle it's exactly the same system.

      i have implemented this system on a mossie 9m... works great when massively
      overpowered you can still survive !
    • nick@hma.att.ne.jp
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        Can you let us know how this effects the water relaunch. How do you
        get the kite to turn over without a brake line?

        Nick

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2000
          > Can you let us know how this effects the water relaunch. How do you
          > get the kite to turn over without a brake line?

          same way as when you have only a 2 line mossie... just wait 4-5 seconds...
          it does it all by itself- ok sometimes you need to help it by swimming
          towards it