Re: [ksurf] Wakeboard questions COM

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000

      Glad you brought that up. Mel says he loves carving jibes, are you inferring the same and are there others out there that feel directionals are fun. I'm a dried up old windsurfer, who is thinking of buying my second board (moderate wind). Trying to decide between twin tip and directional. (Flat water, fluky desert winds sailor)
      Puzzled, Rigbig

      I love to rip hard laydown jibes... especially around my dog as he runs around in 1 foot of water near shore...

      the directionals still whoop ass for riding down a wave (ask Raphael Salles and the people riding waves in california)

      to each their own but for me spinning just makes me dizzy... and the twintip slide and change direction (not jibing) is kind of ugly
    • Corey
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Stefano" <stefano.rosso@i...> wrote:

        > I love to rip hard laydown jibes... especially around my dog as
        he runs around in 1 foot of water near shore...

        > the directionals still whoop ass for riding down a wave (ask
        Raphael Salles and the people riding waves in california)

        It's funny, I saw Raphael Salles this weekend. Both during the
        competion and during his free time his was riding one of his new
        wakebaords and we had a good 6 foot swell going off!
      • alexportman@excite.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 28, 2000
          started riding on a directional......20+ hours later in about 20
          knots of wind I tried my wakeboard........anyboby want to buy a
          directional board. Hopefully Santa will bring me a pickle-fork for
          Christmas.