Re: [ksurf] FLOW BEE

  • Ronsurf
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2000
      I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Does weight matter that
      much to any else when it comes to bars? I've never used a reel type bar, but
      I don't think I care how heavy it is. I spend most of my time hanging from
      it anyway!-)

      I guess it's just me.
      Ron

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2000
          Hi
          weight: don't you know about the french reel bar. its weight less
          than 2 ponds lines includes

        • metafizx@email.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2000
            Can you tell me more about this "french reel bar". Is it 4 line? how
            much $ is it?

            I bought a Flowbee reel. So far it seems to work ok. Basically same
            comments as below. We are testing it here in Oahu. The main issue I
            see is that if you drop the bar, it will sink and get stuck on
            something. Flowbee is making some sort of float for it, but havent
            seen it yet. The standard Naish bar floats.

          • sysb@free.fr
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
              Hi,
              I use the SKYTE BAR for 4 monthes now, and it works perfect. Right
              now they have only 2 lines models but they work o, 4.
              my bar is unsinkable (less 2pds) and unwind on charge from few meters
              to 45. you dont have anything to do to stop lines tey are by default.
              press the two hands protects and the lines unreel at the speed
              yougave with the efficient brake. go and get a look at www.skyte.net
              bye

            • sammy@mailops.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
                That Skyte bar looks pretty slick. Looking forward to what they come
                up with for 4 lines.

                For those of us that don't speak French try
                http://www.babelfish.com/Translations.shtml

                Sammy

              • metafizx@email.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
                  A 4 line system is hard to make work well, quite a few 2 line models
                  out now. The Flowbee is the only 4 line one that I know about, it is
                  pretty good, but heavy. They are making some floats for it. I hope it
                  gets lighter.

                • holl@powerup.com.au
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2000
                    Hi,
                    Can you tell me a little more about the Skyte reel bar? I looked at
                    the pictures on their French website, but I still don't quite
                    understand how it works. Can you wind the kite in with the lines under
                    tension eg with the kite in the air or on the water ? Can you fly the
                    kite with only part of the length of the line released eg 20m of a 40m
                    line ? Can you release the lines with the kite in the air ? For 1500
                    French Francs it sounds much cheaper than other reel bars and ? much
                    lighter. Has anyone else got any experience with this bar ?

                    Holger