Re: WIPIKIA 16m

  • Frank.Rosin@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      The Wipika 16m ist a VARC isn't it!? The Free Air has got an AR of 3.5
      I think, but the 16m Wipika AR is 5.7!!!

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...>
      wrote:

      > > Is the 16m built well?
      >
      > It's very similar to the Naish. Nothing I would consider extra heavy
      duty.
      > It's actually a little lighter weight construction. It might not fly
      if it
      > were heavy duty.
      >
      > > There was talk that the VARC kites are built super strong, has
      anyone
      > > made the comparsion between the 16m and a VARC kite.
      > >
      > > or is it possible that the 16m is a VARC kite?
      >
      > It is not a VARC. It's a FreeAir.
      >
      > > js
    • Dwight & Jacky
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Frank.Rosin@g... wrote:
        > The Wipika 16m ist a VARC isn't it!? The Free Air has got an AR of
        3.5
        > I think, but the 16m Wipika AR is 5.7!!!

        Yes, the AR is 5.7, but they still call it the Free Air. I have one
        and it says Free Air on the kite.
      • Philip Mann
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2001
          The wipika FreeAir 16 was the predicesor to the Air Blast, it just
          came out as a free air with an AR or 5.7. From what I understand it
          has more low end grunt power than the 16.4 Air Blast, where the air
          blast is a faster flying kite/
          I have a few here in the shop.

          Philip

        • bardentj@netscape.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 11, 2001
            The Wipika 16m was developed late 2000. It more of a one off, than
            any type of kite. It is as stated AR 5.7. Philip do you take kites
            out of the bag, from your shop, and look at them, or even fly them
            before giving advice. It's size is similar to an ARX 15.5. I know
            this because I have one and have laid it on top of my mates ARX 15.5.
            It is nothing like the size of a 16.4 air blast. Some people find
            this hard to believe that a WIpika 16m is about 16m flat area (Naish
            sizing). If you do not believe me (even though I own one) why not
            check out

            http://kitesurftech.home.att.net/main.html

            THe guys from kitesurf tech did a report comparing 15.5 Naish AR5
            wiht the 16m Wipika.

            If you want a cheap 15 or 16m kite this is the one to go for. They
            fly well, nice and stable loads of power and because they are 'old'
            and forgatten you should be able to pick them up nicce and cheap.

            Cheers Tim