Re: [ksurf] WIPIKIA 16m

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2000
      > Is the 16m built well?

      It's very similar to the Naish. Nothing I would consider extra heavy duty.
      It's actually a little lighter weight construction. It might not fly if it
      were heavy duty.

      > There was talk that the VARC kites are built super strong, has anyone
      > made the comparsion between the 16m and a VARC kite.
      >
      > or is it possible that the 16m is a VARC kite?

      It is not a VARC. It's a FreeAir.

    • Frank.Rosin@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        The Wipika 16m ist a VARC isn't it!? The Free Air has got an AR of 3.5
        I think, but the 16m Wipika AR is 5.7!!!

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@a...>
        wrote:

        > > Is the 16m built well?
        >
        > It's very similar to the Naish. Nothing I would consider extra heavy
        duty.
        > It's actually a little lighter weight construction. It might not fly
        if it
        > were heavy duty.
        >
        > > There was talk that the VARC kites are built super strong, has
        anyone
        > > made the comparsion between the 16m and a VARC kite.
        > >
        > > or is it possible that the 16m is a VARC kite?
        >
        > It is not a VARC. It's a FreeAir.
        >
        > > js
      • Dwight & Jacky
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
          --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Frank.Rosin@g... wrote:
          > The Wipika 16m ist a VARC isn't it!? The Free Air has got an AR of
          3.5
          > I think, but the 16m Wipika AR is 5.7!!!

          Yes, the AR is 5.7, but they still call it the Free Air. I have one
          and it says Free Air on the kite.
        • Philip Mann
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2001
            The wipika FreeAir 16 was the predicesor to the Air Blast, it just
            came out as a free air with an AR or 5.7. From what I understand it
            has more low end grunt power than the 16.4 Air Blast, where the air
            blast is a faster flying kite/
            I have a few here in the shop.

            Philip

          • bardentj@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 11, 2001
              The Wipika 16m was developed late 2000. It more of a one off, than
              any type of kite. It is as stated AR 5.7. Philip do you take kites
              out of the bag, from your shop, and look at them, or even fly them
              before giving advice. It's size is similar to an ARX 15.5. I know
              this because I have one and have laid it on top of my mates ARX 15.5.
              It is nothing like the size of a 16.4 air blast. Some people find
              this hard to believe that a WIpika 16m is about 16m flat area (Naish
              sizing). If you do not believe me (even though I own one) why not
              check out

              http://kitesurftech.home.att.net/main.html

              THe guys from kitesurf tech did a report comparing 15.5 Naish AR5
              wiht the 16m Wipika.

              If you want a cheap 15 or 16m kite this is the one to go for. They
              fly well, nice and stable loads of power and because they are 'old'
              and forgatten you should be able to pick them up nicce and cheap.

              Cheers Tim