Kitesurftech Update; Hawaii Access Issues

  • Jeff Chang
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2000
      Its been awhile but here's what I've been up to:

      1. Partnered with www.OffDaLip.com to form an e-commerce site.
      2. Working as an officer in www.HawaiiKiteboardingAssociation.org
      (under construction, check www.OahuKiteboardingAssociation.org) to
      promote safe and responsible kiteboarding and protect the access of
      kiteboarders to public beaches and waters.
      3. Water Time!

      Each of these is a story unto itself which is the reason the
      Kitesurftech.com site has not been updated since June. I hope to do
      postings for the group's info and continue tests particularly for the
      15.5 vs. 16 in the style of previous tests.

      There are real issues in Hawaii/Oahu on access with talk of bans
      because of incidents with beach users and beachfront homeowners.
      Thus the importance of common sense and cordiality. It just takes
      one to ruin it for us all. We are currently working with
      neighborhood boards and government agencies to come up with sensible
      regulation before public officials are pressured into doing
      something that doesn't make sense for anyone. If you come to Oahu
      or Maui be sure to check with locals or shops for kiting protocal.
      The situation is touchy, especially in Kailua. Your help is
      appreciated.

      Aloha, Jeff
    • Dreadlord 2
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2000
        Greetings Folk,

        I'm shapping a board right now and I would be glad to pick up some info
        about the deck pads and the fins boxes.. do you know where could I provide
        some? directly from the producer? I'm based in France but willing to write
        anywhere in da world

        thanx in advance

        Steffen
      • Anthony Boesen
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
          http://surfoam.com/ France
          http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/ USA
          Fiberglass Supply will answer questions, write to
          support@...

          Anthony
          Board Building Links Page
          http://www.viser.net/~anthwind/