Re: Light wind day - Wipi 16m'.

  • esku@eilatcity.co.il
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2000
      Hi DT.
      Maybe I didnt clear myself well.
      Abov 10 knot's the kite is good even very good, I can use my big
      wakeboard and do every thing.
      Less than 10 knot's you still can run with directional, but not too
      excite. the kite start to be slow.
      Less than 8 knots it is hard to waterlaunch.
      I am 85 kg' Eilat is in the desert it is hot in summer up to 48 c' in
      shadow and very dry, as mel wrote, there is diferenc in erea to erea
      so I belive that in cooler erea you can do better in light wind.
      Yours Eyal (Eilat) ISRAEL.

      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, David Trewern <david@d...> wrote:

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > A lousy 12 to 14 wind day.
      > > At the beginning i started with the the 5'10" wakeboard and the
      16m'
      > > Wipika, It was ok but not too excite, when the wind drop to 10
      knot's
      > > I change to 7'2" RRD board (big light wind board) and cruise
      around.
      > > The kite was very very slowly and "gawky".
      > > In the end it fall to the water and i couldn't lift to the air.
      > > I think that the kite under 10/11 knot's is too havy and that's
      bring
      > > us back to light wind foil's.
      >
      > Are you sure it was that windy?
      >
      > I can rail hard, stay upwind and get ok jumps in 10knots with my
      Naish 13.5