Re: F-one board.

  • Traig Trumbo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2000
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Raphaël SALLES <F.one@w...> wrote:
      > Hi Eyal ,
      > please to heard that you like your XM80 !
      >
      > Shorter is your board more tricks you can do and a narrow board will
      > edge harder .
      > Going below 192/43 with a directional was giving boards too
      technical to
      > control and jibe .
      > To go shorter and narrow with TT shape was much easier .
      >
      > On a TT you are using 100% of the area of the board , this way with
      the
      > TT: 178/41 you have the same planning -up wind than the XM80:
      197/43
      .
      > And with his wakeboard rails and stabilty you can handle more wind
      .
      > You dont have to change feet on each jibes , you can land jumps
      both
      way ...

      > This is all advantages of the wakeboard style but without all the
      bad points
      > of it .
      > They feel closer to a snowboard style than a surf style .
      >
      > Personaly I like to ride everything because there is some
      advantages
      in the
      > 3 styles :
      > Directional for pure surfing and cruising in light wind .
      > Twin tip for realy chopy water , gusty wind , on shore wind with
      small waves
      > .
      > Wakeboard for steady wind pretty flat water , crazy moves .
      >
      > Most of the top racers today get stuck with one style of board and
      are not
      > abble to change .
      > Personaly I think that there is things that are not reasonable to
      shape :
      > For exemple if you like to go short you use a wakeboard but not a
      > directional that mesure 140 cm ?
      > Same for a twin tip that will be 220 cm ?
      >
      > Each style of boards will have his own range of lenght :
      > A wakebaord is around 140 to 150 cm .
      > A twin tip is around 160 to 180 cm .
      > A directional is around 180 to 230 cm .
      >
      > Hope I answer your question .
      >
      > See you on water
      > Raphaël Salles
      >
      > Thanks a whole lot for your input on the Group Raphael. What sort
      of directional board do you prefer for pure kiteboard wave surfing.
      Four fin, twin fin, single fin? Surfboard shape like Manu? What do
      you like the most personaly at this point after the big surf
      exposure.
      The wave sailing with kites is actually surpassing windsurfing
      wavesailing in Santa Cruz California and I imagine as well Austailia.
      Guys are coming off the bottom harder and smacking the lip
      with more force than they ever did wavesailing. This is why
      many of us got into the kitesurfing in light wind areas. To
      surf the waves in the light stuff as well as the heavy wind.
      Equipment
      tends to lean toward directional for down the line drive. Been
      experimenting with twin tips with very thin, sharp rails, pulled in
      nose and tails and multiple fins fore and aft. As you won the Cabo
      Verde wave contest you probably have seen most of the ideas tried and
      have settled on a good wave compromise for yourself. Thanks for the
      info on the Slider as well. It really cleared the subject up.

      > F.ONE
      > Centre commercial Le Solis
      > Bureaux Elytis
      > Av de la Mer
      > 34970 LATTES
      > Ph : 33 4 67 99 51 16
      > Fax : 33 4 67 99 61 93

      weaks,
      > > do like the X-80 despite it is a big board I can ride it wild in
      any
      > > wind with a lot of overpower. I just hope to get the same sharp
      feel
      > > on the Twintip but with a shorter bedirectional advantage.
      > > It is not supposed to be instead of a wakeboard but to be close
      it.

      kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>