Re: [ksurf] Bic Copello, adn bindings, and the mysterious reel-power bar

  • Andy Heaton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2000

      Has anyone
      tried out the "sandal" type bindings that have like an open heel (or
      at least they have just a strap behind the heel without an entire
      rubber upper.)? Is that just counterproductive for kitesurfing or a
      nice "in between" windsurf strap and full wakeboard binding?
      I have used the sandle type bindings when I 1st started using a wakeboard (I still use them when self launching). It's a great stepping stone to bindings if you choose to go that route.
      Advantages, cost (even more so when on sale:)) and can easily get out of them if need be.

      They still provide quite a good grip on the foot. Basically a level up from the bungy heel on windsurfing footstraps and a step below full blown bindings.

      Sandle type or open heel bindings are a great way to introduce yourself to kiting with a wakeboard, I would recommend using a wake leash with these as you may separate from your board on your bigger, less meaningful splashes.

      Hope this helps.

      --
      Regards
      Andy Heaton