Re: [ksurf] Longhorn bar is thin

  • KiteBoard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      In a message dated 10/1/00 3:25:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      lutje@... writes:

      << Just started to kite with the longhorn bar. It is much thinner than
      the Naish bar and it gives me cramps in my hands. Is this normal and
      should I get used to it or do you make it thicker yourself with
      something like a tennisrackettape ? >>

      You should get used to it after a few sessions. I'm basing that conclusion
      on similar experience when switching to a smaller sailboard boom.

      << BTW: these bars ar f...ng expenisive for us Europeans with this
      Dollar price. Incl. taxes it is now 600 Dutch guilders for one bar.
      To make clear; for 600 guilders is about 35% of the price of a new
      kiteboard. >>

      I think somebody mentioned they're around $200US, which is f...ing expensive
      here too (around 25% of the price of a new Fanatic or single-skin epoxy Naish
      kiteboard). I hear the SlingShot carbon bar is less, & functions better also.

      Mel