High AR No Good? (was: Anyone used Wipika's New 4 Line Bar?)

  • KiteBoard@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      In a message dated 10/1/00 3:20:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      david@... writes:

      << But High AR kites are no good - Wipika tried that years ago and it didn't
      work. The AR5's are just a gimmick and will never be as good as the Wipika
      Classic... >>

      Or the Naish AR3.5?

      << Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Too many people around here have been
      sucked in by this line >>

      I guess I was "sucked in" too. Several have commented they prefer 4-lined
      AR3.5s in the smaller sizes. Do you think this would also apply to the
      larger ones? How exactly are lower AR kites better?

      Mel
    • Dave Raue
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
        hehehehehe, titter, titter..

        So i guess I did the right thing by being cheap - and getting AR3.5
        9.0 and 4-lining it. Now prices for used AR3.5's will be driven up
        while used AR5 prices will drop like a stone - or is this really all
        just a conspiracy to do manipulate prices???

        -D