Thread for stitching lines

  • Greg Walsh
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      I made up a bridle thing for a foil and hand stitched the loops into
      the line using domestic polyester thread. Works fine and is easy to
      do.

      I want to make up a longhorn bar and bridle set for my AR5s and would
      prefer to stitch the shortened line rather than knot it. I'd rather
      use a thread suited for the purpose.

      Can someone give me an idea of what thread to use? I've heard of
      Coats din-400 for kitemaking. Any suggestions of what kind of store
      to buy this stuff from, what product name to ask for etc etc? The
      people at my local stores look blank when I ask them.

      Thanks

      Greg