kiting by yourself

  • elifuller@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      9 times out of ten I am out there by myself. I don't like it but
      thats the way this place is off season. Anyway whats the best way to
      safely come back to the beach and put my AR5 away by myself. this
      beach has no buildings on it and is pretty flat. Is there a trick to
      stopping the kite?
      I want to learn more tricks is there a good video out for advanced
      tricks?
      eli
      PS today is 15-18 knots sunny 85 degrees with water much the same.
      Antigua
    • Drew Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        I think this procedure has been described b4 somewhere in this
        message post...
        when I want to land my kite by myself I fly it to the side of the
        wind window, in the neutral zone, and close to the ground. Then I
        pull on the kiteline closest to the ground, to put the leading edge
        on the ground. Once the L/E is on the ground, a sharp pull on the
        other kiteline will bring the kite around nose into the wind and it
        should sit on the beach.
        But this only works for me in light to moderate winds, which for my
        naish 5 metre kite is anything under 20knots... in strong wind if I
        try to put the kite on the beach it just bounces off its leading
        edge. Then I have to either get someone to help land it or just do a
        crash landing...