[ksurf] Re: Wipika 8.5

  • stefano.rosso@iname.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 1999
      I placed the boom parallel to the lines!
      > After several tries, I noticed that the kite was changing its shape due to
      > the increased pressure when I waterstarted. It was deforming and turning up
      > (or the opposite way of the boom action).
      > I thought that it could have been the effect of too low pressure on the main
      > inflatable batten (leading edge).
      > I am very frustrated and would really appreciate any input from members of
      > the list who know what is happening.
      > I am assuming that this has happened before.
      > Regards,

      Happened to me this weekend too... it is FOR SURE due to an underinflated spar... if the spars are not tight the kite will deform and be very diffivult to control... My sensation was the same- the kite wanted to fly up... Keep the inflated spars filled tightly but dont burst them !