Re: [ksurf] Re: How I set up my Longhorn Bar - for Jeff and anyone else who is interested

  • David Trewern
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2000
      > I recommend that you have your buckle be an arm's length away at max. For
      > me that is about 24" but it will vary depending on your hook height, your
      > harness length and your reach. Hook your bar to your hook and but a rope in
      > the center of your bar, have someone hold the rope at about a 45 degree
      > angle, as if your kite is in neutral. Reach out with your arm and mark that
      > distance. It is more than you probably need but then you can tune
      > everything by shortening or lengthening relative to your back lines so that
      > fully out is fully powered in light wind.

      And make the strap shorter, and the trimming line longer. You don't want to
      permanently trim the kite as much as you may need to temporally de-power (if
      that makes sense!).

      DT
    • svschott@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
        Thanks Steve.

        I am really looking forward on having both sheeting options.
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2000
          No problemo. Let me know if you make any improvements.

          Steve
          Carson City, Nevada USA