Re: [ksurf] Anyone used Wipika's New 4 Line Bar?

  • Litewave Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
      > Steve wrote:
      >
      > Just checked out the Wipika site. The new 4 line bar looks real
      > interesting. Has anyone tried it?
      >
      > Also saw that the 16 m kite is in limited production. Web site says it
      > is 16m "projected area". That means twice the projected area of the
      > AR5 15.5 which is 8.4 projected. Is that right??

      Hi Steve, I don't think that projected area is correct. I have a 16M
      (and one in stock), and it's similar in size to the Naish 15.5, except
      for the l/e diameter....much larger.
      --
      Kite-on,
      Litewave Dave

      http://WWW.LITEWAVEDESIGNS.COM
      Initial testing of factory prototypes is INCREDIBLE...rode over granite
      rocks w/ no damage!
    • Steve McCormack
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
        Hi Steve

        Matt Colefax, the oz wipi distributor, and Ian Grose/Airborn Kitesurfing WA, both have one of the new 16.0's. Matt is raving about his (of course ;-) said it is the most well finished kite he has gotten, but also he described it as very close in size when he laid it over an AR5 15.5 and said that he thought the AR was lower than the AR5!?
        I suspect the black art of kite measurement could be similar to  picking the right numbers lotto :-))
        The bar is very interesting, I forgot to ask whether Matt had it too, I will email him and ask for you/everyone, cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        www.kitepower.com.au
        sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2034.
        Ph/Fax 02 9315 7894 International +61293157894
        386 Latrobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3020
        Ph/Fax 03 5229 5899 International +61352295899

        Just checked out the Wipika site.  The new 4 line bar looks real interesting.  Has anyone tried it?

        Also saw that the 16 m kite is in limited production. Web site says it is 16m "projected area".  That means twice the projected area of the AR5 15.5 which is 8.4 projected.  Is that right??

        Steve
        Carson City, Nevada USA

      • David Trewern
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
          >Matt Colefax, the oz wipi distributor, and Ian Grose/Airborn Kitesurfing WA,
          both have one of the new 16.0's. Matt is raving about his (of course ;-)
          said it is the most well finished kite he has gotten, but also he described
          it as very close in size when he laid it over an AR5 15.5 and said that he
          thought the AR was lower than the AR5!

          But High AR kites are no good - Wipika tried that years ago and it didn't
          work. The AR5's are just a gimmick and will never be as good as the Wipika
          Classic...

          Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Too many people around here have been
          sucked in by this line - so there's only a couple of us in Melbourne with AR
          5's.

          Now at least the Wipika die hards can see what they have been missing...

          I'd love to check one out if anyone has one in Melbourne.

          ;-)