[ksurf] Re: Kitesurfing Boards

  • Ian Young
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 1999

      I have skied and know that you can pull just as much "back side", but I use
      a windsurfing harness and I don't know weather the hook would be in the
      right position and surfing hooked would be uncomfortable.

      I don't find any problems surfing "backside" (I prefer to call it a "back tack") and have used a vriety of harness styles including roller bars and staright hooks - roller bars are definitely better but have found that the alloy type tend to bend after a few heavy high speed wipeouts.

      Cheers for now,
      Ian

      WinDesigns Australia - Australia's first Kite Ski&Surfing School
      9 Oliver St, Scarborough, WA, AUSTRALIA, 6019
      Phone/Fax:    +61 8 9245 4657
      Mobile:       0414 716 812
      Email:        IanYoung@...
      Webpage:      http://www.iinet.net.au/~ianyoung/

    • winderi@en.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 1999
        Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=1959
        > I have been using a wakeboard for kitesurfing but now want to pickup a
        >directional kitesurfing board to see if I can improve my upwind and light
        >wind performance. Can anyone offer comments on the performance
        >characteristics of Fox kitesurf boards?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rick
        > Boca Raton,Fl
        > USA

        Do you mean Fox as in Fox Watersports in Cape Hatteras North Carolina?
        I do not know about their kiteboards, sorry. It's just that I vacation
        in Hatteras every year, and have seen their other equipment.

        Saulius Muliolis,
        Cleveland, Ohio.

      • anrmgo@hermes.ulaval.ca
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 1999
          Hi,

        • anrmgo@hermes.ulaval.ca
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 1999
            Hi,
            I have try two models from Fox Hatteras.
            They are small double concave pretty flat(almost no rocker)quite wide back,thruster style boards.Conventionnal glass construction.
            They ride fast,flat with almost no spray.Very good upwind ability.
            Personnaly i was not perfectly satisfy with footstraps position.
            I think that overall they are very good boards.
            I got similar comments from friends.
            Martin Gourdeau