[ksurf] Re: THE NEW FLEXIFOIL KITE: THE BLADE

  • Beno Saradzic
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 1999
      Does anyone know the specs of it? The shape seems to be very advanced, high-aspect,
      paraglide profile.

      Beno

      FLY HIGH wrote:

      Hi Good news FLEXIFOIL INT. has a new power-kite : THE BLADE.Want to see it or buy it: www.fly-high.be  (products-foils-FLEXIFOIL INT.) You will see us (THE FLEXIFOIL TEAM) in Leucate with THE BLADE and this weekend you may see one in Berck. stay safe and good wind DATA
      Jansport Daytripper the perfect pack for short spring and summer excursions Excursions*Key clip keeps keys handy*Front organizer pocket*Weighs 1lb*Capacity 2200 cu in! Members Pay $34.00*Free Shipping in US http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/8

    • Martin Rothwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 1999
        Beno Saradzic wrote:

        > Does anyone know the specs of it? The shape seems to be very
        > advanced, high-aspect,
        > paraglide profile.

        Hi There!

        I was lucky to meet the guys from FlexiFoil this weekend at a windsurf
        contest here in the UK. I had a quick try with this kite and god it is
        powerful. Having only ever flown a Wipika wing I was amazed at how much
        power it gave me........so much that the first minute saw me get lifted
        completely off the beach and deposited about 15 feet away. Jason Furnes
        was flying it in quite light winds and stayed well upwind when we were
        really struggling with the 8.5 Wipika and could hardly get moving. The
        only thing that worries me about this kite is that it is a four liner
        and there was no safety device. Saying that, for a Blade that will fly
        in 10-20 mph winds with lines and handles the price will work out at
        £370 which is almost half the price of some other kites. It's not
        relaunchable from water though!

        Martin