mosquito no bags

  • Stefano
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2000
      > 9+, no bags, no pump, no preinflation, lay it out and GO! Those bags
      > are optional and the bagless kite is hassle free and launches better

      did you rkite have holes in the profiles where the inflatbales are ?
      if not did you make some ?

      how ?
    • John Mulligan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 26, 2000
        Boa tarde Stefano

        I think they now come with holes in the profiles, but I had to make
        my
        own. I used 5x5cm squares of ripstop nylon repair tape from West
        Marine, placed about a half to one arm's length inside of each zipper
        cell, then through this reinforced area I cut round holes about 3-4cm
        in diameter. This cost me about one dollar and about 10-15 minutes of
        my time. Now all cells of the kite are in communication. If there's a
        breeze on the beach, I can launch with no preinflation (only if using
        4
        lines), steer with the brakes until inflated, and that's it! I also
        pack the kite away much faster and smaller; no deflation, just open a
        few zippers and roll it up. It floats great, holds air well,
        relaunches
        great, and is more user friendly than ever.

        John