Re: [ksurf] how to switch feet on jibe?

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 1998
      ---------------------- Forwarded by Stefano Rosso/Planning/Bunge
      International/BR on 04/09/98 06:22 PM ---------------------------

      tecnolimits@... (Francesco Moretti) on 04/09/98 06:25:51 PM

      To: Stefano Rosso/Planning/Bunge International/BR

      cc:

      Subject: Re: [ksurf] how to switch feet on jibe?

      When jou jibe, first you put the back foot into the other footstrap (if
      you have three) and at the same time you take the front foot out and
      place it in the back, now press on the rail to jibe without moving the
      kite, keep it down on the old tack, only when your jibe is finished and
      you are on the new rail edging then you seat back an whip the kite to
      the new dyrection, it is going to pull a lot, be ready.
      That is how I do it in gusty wind and choppy water.
      Have fun
      Francesco
      URL http://www.maui.net/~th123097/

      From: srosso@...
      To: kitesurf@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 16:21:54 -0300

      I finaly just got a Wipica 8.5 to replace my worn foil, and I'm saving for
      F-one board but as I started out a surfer and not a windsurfer the tecnique
      for switching feet on a jibe is a bit of a mystery to me. Practicing on my
      current board just dumps me in the water when I try. Please, any advice
      would
      be appriciated.
      Actually, I would like some advice too because i know what to do with my
      feet but not with the kite ! but the biggest secret is to be COMITTED to
      the move... this is the same as in windsurfing... Go for it FULL speed and
      dont be afraid. This makes it much easier because you have speed that keeps
      you balanced and planing
      With the feet you take the back foot out and place it on the leeward side
      of the board so you can dig the rail in then slide the feet on the board
      into the new position AFTER the board is moving the other way... basically
      you turn and THEN switch feet. (do both at the same time and you will not
      be committed)
      What do you do with the kite ? I dont know... I try to get it above me so
      that it doesnt pull me off the board but you want to have some pull so you
      can counterbalance yourself. Maybe somebody that has more experience could
      give us a tip.