Re: [ksurf] Zippers

  • Just Al
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
      Spider already do this with there Spider Modulus foil kite... The Special 38
      is basically 7 kites in one, from 1 sq m to 3.8 sq m, all done by zipping
      inor out sections of the kite....You can buy extra sections too and make it
      up to 5.8sq m...After this, the AR becomes a little too high.

      Good idea though and its been used to good effect for crossing to the south
      Pole etc.

      Also, I know of one for sale (but its no good for kite-surfing).. check out

      http://website.lineone.net/~justal/WebPage

      Al.
      --
      Alan Cole
      Bryngwyn Mawr

      Tel: 01970 880707 Mob: 07974392605
      E-mail:justal@...
      ICQ # 84562901

      > From: "Greg Walsh" <gregwal@...>
      > Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:36:46 -0000
      > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      > Subject: [ksurf] Zippers
      >
      > Hey Kite Designers!
      >
      > While you're all designing whizzo Sled shaped foils, how about
      > putting a zipper or two on either side of the centre cells. When you
      > get to the beach you could just zip together the cells on either side
      > of the centre section to reduce the span of your kite.
      >
      > Add a trimming system and you'd have good range from the kite while
      > flying as well as a range of sizes in one kite.
      >
      > PS. Battens suck. Try to avoid the battens in the tips like the Arc
      > has.Mylar stiffeners would be much nicer.

      > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
      > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
      >
      > Visit http://www.windTools.com

    • Steve McCormack
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
        Thanks for the news, looks like an ARC to me, do you know what the control
        bar is like, just curious cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        www.kitepower.com.au
        sydney@...
        126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2034.
        Ph/Fax 02 9315 7894 International +61293157894
        386 Latrobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3020
        Ph/Fax 03 5229 5899 International +61352295899