Re: [ksurf] For those of you waiting for a Nexus report

  • FLY HIGH
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hi fellow crash freaks

      Got my NEXUS 5.6 last weekend, tried it first in a strong gusty wind (4-5
      bft), came on the water overpowered like hell, didn't stay longer then a
      hour untill I took my 4.9 BLADE out of my car. I tried it again 2 days
      later with some less wind (3-4 bft) and it needs some time to get use to it.
      Really like the sheet in & out system (the kite fly's in both positions the
      same way - something new - ). Got into some jumps after 10 minutes with
      some nice air, even some double back & front loops came out without any
      problem.
      The NEXUS doesn't fly like a Naish or a Wipika, more like a foil (BLADE -
      STARTER).
      The kite is very difficult to luft and relauched very easy of the water.
      (really like that)
      At the same time there was another kitesurfer with a Naish AR5 - 9.5m² on a
      twintip, it looked like we had the same power at that time.
      So there is something new on the kitesurfmarket, I'll guess the NEXUS will
      be available in a few weeks, so flexifoil told me.
      Also it will be sold with a instruction video, that learns you how to
      relaunche the kite.
      I'll put some pictures on our website next week, so if any of you freaks are
      interested you can feed your needs.
      For the main time, enjoy the air......

      Peter

      www.kitesurf-world.com