Re: [ksurf] Re: NEW KITE

  • Chris Kohut
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31, 2000
      If you look closely at the picture the f-one image looks allot better
      than
      the kite image. I don't believe that it is for real. I am not saying
      that I
      am right it is just my observation.>>>

      .....yep, I think we've
      been scammed.
      (like this list needed any more fuel for the
      fires.)
    • corey@salterns.co.uk
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
        I too was in Dunkerque. I saw this thing being flown. It did more
        than just luff, it actually turned inside out, which is the last
        thing you want to happen when on water as the only way to rectify was
        for someone to go and turn it back.

        As fof the Arc, that does look almost identical. Someone said about
        Arc should be sheetable, well whilst watching Kane and his girfriend
        Steff flying them, they were using Four lines and two of them looked
        like sheeting lines rather than brakes. By the way, it flew very
        well, but didn't see it hit water so don't know about relaunching it.

        --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Raul F Argilagos <offdalip@j...> wrote:
        > Hey all
        > I just saw a new kite by f-one which looks to be pretty
        revolutionary.
        > pics are posted here. the new kites have at least a 20 kts wind
        range
        > and according to the reps will have no bridle with a ram foil
        design.
        > they should be available in a couple of months in a 5.3, 7.3, 9.3
        and
        > even a 12.3 M2 sizes.
        >
        > SEE YA ON THE WATER!
        >
        > RAUL
      • Mark Frasier
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
          At 10:23 PM 08/31/2000 -0400, Chris Kohut wrote:
          >If you look closely at the picture the f-one image looks allot better
          >than
          >the kite image. I don't believe that it is for real. I am not saying
          >that I
          >am right it is just my observation.>>>
          >
          > .....yep, I think we've
          >been scammed.
          > (like this list needed any more fuel for the
          >fires.)

          I've done that kind of work for bike companies & riders before. They have a
          great picture for a magazine or ad or whatever, but they lack a few sponsor
          decals that have been applied to the bike since the photo was taken. We
          "apply" the decals in Photoshop in order to be able to use the photo
          (otherwise they'd have to use a different photo). That kind of thing
          happens in every industry - only most places do a better job of it than
          F-One did :)

          Mark Frasier
        • Just Al
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
            Spider already do this with there Spider Modulus foil kite... The Special 38
            is basically 7 kites in one, from 1 sq m to 3.8 sq m, all done by zipping
            inor out sections of the kite....You can buy extra sections too and make it
            up to 5.8sq m...After this, the AR becomes a little too high.

            Good idea though and its been used to good effect for crossing to the south
            Pole etc.

            Also, I know of one for sale (but its no good for kite-surfing).. check out

            http://website.lineone.net/~justal/WebPage

            Al.
            --
            Alan Cole
            Bryngwyn Mawr

            Tel: 01970 880707 Mob: 07974392605
            E-mail:justal@...
            ICQ # 84562901

            > From: "Greg Walsh" <gregwal@...>
            > Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:36:46 -0000
            > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
            > Subject: [ksurf] Zippers
            >
            > Hey Kite Designers!
            >
            > While you're all designing whizzo Sled shaped foils, how about
            > putting a zipper or two on either side of the centre cells. When you
            > get to the beach you could just zip together the cells on either side
            > of the centre section to reduce the span of your kite.
            >
            > Add a trimming system and you'd have good range from the kite while
            > flying as well as a range of sizes in one kite.
            >
            > PS. Battens suck. Try to avoid the battens in the tips like the Arc
            > has.Mylar stiffeners would be much nicer.

            > windTools - producer of the legendary Mosquito Pro KS
            > Get the right kitesurfingstuff.
            >
            > Visit http://www.windTools.com

          • Steve McCormack
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
              Thanks for the news, looks like an ARC to me, do you know what the control
              bar is like, just curious cya and
              Goodwinds
              Steve McCormack
              www.kitepower.com.au
              sydney@...
              126 Beach St, Coogee, Sydney, NSW, Australia 2034.
              Ph/Fax 02 9315 7894 International +61293157894
              386 Latrobe Terrace, Geelong, Victoria, Australia 3020
              Ph/Fax 03 5229 5899 International +61352295899

              > Hey all
              > I just saw a new kite by f-one which looks to be pretty revolutionary.
              > pics are posted here. the new kites have at least a 20 kts wind range
              > and according to the reps will have no bridle with a ram foil design.
              > they should be available in a couple of months in a 5.3, 7.3, 9.3 and
              > even a 12.3 M2 sizes.
              >
              > SEE YA ON THE WATER!
              >
              > RAUL
            • David Raue
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000
                  In the EU patent applications are public the instant they're made. If
                  there's no EU application it means it hasn't even been applied for in the EU
                  which would be an extremely bizzare patent strategy. Unless they're
                  applying in US first to see if it gets through at all and waiting oto apply
                  in EU to squeeze out an extra year. This would be surprising too, tho, it's
                  usuallythe kind of thing that Pharma companies do. Is anyone aware of a PCT
                  filing? Sorry to say it, but the PL org has played pretty fast and loose
                  with patents stuff in the past

                  -D
                  <<<<snip>>>>

                  > even flys. Maybe the shot is doctored like the logo to test out the
                  > response to a kite that might infringe the PL patent. A patent btw
                  > that hasn't been granted (I haven't even been able to find the
                  > application ...so who knows what the claims might be???). And
                  > even if it is granted, it might be very weak (i.e. not hold up in
                  > court). PL would be better off spending his energy making the
                  > arc sheetable and staying a step ahead of the competition. He's
                  > pretty good at that.
                  > R!
                • David Raue
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 1, 2000