Re: [ksurf] Surfin' Sardin-i-a?

  • Giuseppe Piloni
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2000
      At 14.25 31/08/2000 +0100, you wrote:
      > I heard that the Kitesurf World Champs event (called the Cagliari Grand
      >Prix) was held in Sardinia* in April 26-30th this year.
      >
      > If anyone has any information, please reply to aidanb @...
      >(please take the space out before the '@'!).
      >
      > There's some info here, but be careful of the annoying way the page stops
      >you doing anything else on your screen! (Isn't this your site Andy K?)
      > http://www.kitehigh.com/eventsCagliari.html
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Aidan.
      >
      > *For those non-Europeans Sardinia is a large Italian island in the
      >Mediterranean Sea

      Yes:) and it is probably the best european site for windsurf and kitesurf.

      What kind of information you need?

      I wasn't there, but I read about it on italian windsurf magazines.
      It is organized by Pietro Porcella, the founder of one of the best known
      italian windsurf magazine and an active and enthusiast supporter of
      kitesurf movement.
      It is a particular and atipical event, more a happening than a pure
      competition.
      In the last years it was a windsurf event and this year Porcella introduced
      a kite competition with most of the best kitesurfers.

      Sorry, no first hand info, anyway contact me if you want a short
      translation of an article written by Porcella itself on the event.

      Ciao.
      --
      Giuseppe Piloni
      pilonig@...