Skip to search.

My lines tangle

  • Gerd Burmester
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2000
      I have a CA 9.3 New Wave, and altough I take a lot of care when I roll the lines (3 lines) into the bar, next time I unroll them they are tangled with one another. Anybody can tell me what's the secret here. Thanks.

      Gerd
    • andatv@gte.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2000
        Try to use "figure eight pattern" while winding lines onto bar.

        I fly STW 700 in three lines. Tangling initially was the big hassle,
        now is reduced to three or four twists with bar.

        Andre
      • alanquant@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2000
          Hello Gerd:

          This is how I put away my CA9.3:

          First, once the kite is down and the trailing edge sanded, open the
          velcro strips to let the air out faster (Be sure to pull out the
          small white flaps so the openings stay open). Take the wrist leash
          off the brakeline.
          Then wrap the lines around the winders as far up as they can go,
          right up to and including part of the bridle until you get to the
          trailing edge of the kite where it's been sanded.
          Put the wristband around the end of the bar to secure the lines.
          Wrap the rest of the leash around the bar a few times so it doesn't
          fly loose.
          Toss all the bridle lines onto the belly of the kite.
          Fold the leading edge at the center (over all the bridle lines)
          toward you onto the trailing edge and put the bar on top, crossways
          (perpendicular to the trailing edge). Now the loose bridle lines are
          separate from the wrapped-up portion. Step or kneel on the bar to
          keep the kite from flying away and from there it's relatively easy to
          roll or fold both tips in toward the middle.

          This way seems to be the fastest I've found, and my lines hardly ever
          tangle when I set the kite up again. Of course when I'm winding and
          unwinding the lines around the bar I always hold the bar from the
          same side and wind/unwind the same way.
          Once the lines are laid out, a shake or two usually sets them
          straight.

          Hope this works for you.

          Alan