Re: [ksurf] boardsize

  • Luka Baranovic
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3 12:38 AM
      Axel,
      You will not have any problems getting on a small board because the
      techinque is diffrent from windsurfing. I mean while you are holding the
      kite in the air you put BOTH of your feet in the footstraps. That is
      easier to do on smaller board, trust me. Then you dive the kite and by
      pushing the board against the water you get on the board without any
      trouble. Staying ON the board is totally diffrent thing which takes time
      to learn even on big board!
      Bye!

      Luka

      P.S. By the way the big board is transformed windsurf board and small one
      is kitesurf design!

    • Thomas David
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3 1:08 AM
        Hi all.
        I finaly have my mail account!
        tdavid@... is the permanent one.

        > You will not have any problems getting on a small board because the
        > techinque is diffrent from windsurfing. I mean while you are holding the
        > kite in the air you put BOTH of your feet in the footstraps. That is
        > easier to do on smaller board, trust me. Then you dive the kite and by
        > pushing the board against the water you get on the board without any
        > trouble. Staying ON the board is totally diffrent thing which takes time
        > to learn even on big board!
        > Bye!
        So, listening to you, the shorter the board, the better.
        I have an old surfboard (6.6'). Could it be easily reinforced and straped? Has
        anybody tried to do the same?

        TOMS
        E-Mail: Thomas David <thoms@...>
        Date: 03-Sep-98 / Time: 09:57:00

        Mandala International
        http://www.mandalux.com

      • Stefano Rosso
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3 11:01 AM
          > So, listening to you, the shorter the board, the better.
          > I have an old surfboard (6.6'). Could it be easily reinforced and straped? Has
          > anybody tried to do the same?
          >
          > TOMS
          > --------------------------------

          I just got an old 6,8 board and put some straps on it... i am going to try it this weekend...

          I think it will be crap because the edges are not very thin but it is very light so i want to see if weight makes any difference.

          -----
          Original Message: http://www.findmail.com/list/kitesurf/?start=171
          Start a FREE email list at http://www.FindMail.com/

        • O1withwind@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3 1:32 PM
            >So, listening to you, the shorter the board, the better.
            >I have an old surfboard (6.6'). Could it be easily reinforced and straped?
            Has
            >anybody tried to do the same?

            >TOMS

            Tom,
            I use a 6'5" surfboard with sandals from a wakeboard added. I mounted the
            thread fittings from an old wakeboard into it with fiberglass resin and the
            foot straps are removeable in case I want to surf. This works ok if you're
            not doing big jumps.
            PEACE&WIND
            Josh Young

          • Luka Baranovic
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3 2:03 PM
              Guys please use the metric system!!!! Please, we normal people are lost!!!
              I have to check the books with tables all the time!!
              Luka!

              About the old windsurf board..... don't expect much. After you get on the
              board there is no much direction control!!! Be careful!!!!

            • Thomas David
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4 12:16 AM
                On 03-Sep-98 Luka Baranovic wrote:
                > Guys please use the metric system!!!! Please, we normal people are lost!!!
                > I have to check the books with tables all the time!!
                > Luka!
                I am sorry it brothers you... ;)
                The inch is usually used for surf lenght...
                TOMS
                E-Mail: Thomas David <thoms@...>
                Date: 04-Sep-98 / Time: 09:13:19

                Mandala International