Re: peter lynn kites

  • Traig Trumbo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2000
      --- In kitesurf@egroups.com, Just Al <justal@l...> wrote:
      > Emile,
      > You'll find a straight bar also bars turning the 5.7m Waterfoil
      really
      > difficult....like you say, it kills your arms in no time, so much
      so
      that
      > you just can't hold on any longer.
      > Also, as you pointed out, the 5.7 waterfoil is REALLY slow to
      turn on a
      > bar...I've overcome this problem by fitting 'crossover lines' that
      activiate
      > the brake lines as you turn the kite on two lines, so brake line
      turning
      > from a two line bar. This also helps slightly with overcoming the
      amount of
      > effort needed to turn these things on a bar, as the tension on the
      brake
      > line depowers the kite slightlas it turns....its still an effort to
      do it
      > though. Emile: I have been using 36 inch straight bars on the
      Water foil 5.7s and they have been turning VERY quickly on three
      lines. Adding brake tension with the cleat adds to the power of the
      kite and of course increases speed of turn. Sounds big but You get
      used to it pretty darn quick. The 3.6 of course does'nt require such
      a big bar. Have Fun! Traig

      > Check out my new site for details on the crossover lines:
      > http://website.lineone.net/~justal/WebPage/crossover_frames.htm
      >
      > I was actually thinking of experimenting with a 'bent' bar to
      overcome
      > the problems...obviously from your experiences it won't work. I
      shall
      > experiment with different sized bars though. Other than that, I
      think maybe
      > a four-line bar will be the best option as the kites seems to fly
      fine on
      > four line handles.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      > Al.
      > --
      > Alan Cole
      > Bryngwyn Mawr
      > Capel Seion
      > Aberystwyth
      > SY23 4EE
      >
      > Tel: 01970 880707
      > Mob: 07974392605
      > E-mail:justal@l...
      >

      > > From: "Emile Das" <emile_das@h...>
      > > Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:27:20 CEST
      > > To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      > > Subject: Re: [ksurf] Re: peter lynn kites
      > >
      > > Hi Mike,
      > >
      > > I have got a bar from kitesurfer (similar to C-quad bar) and I
      tried it last
      > > weekend. I must say that I do not like it at all and I am going
      go for
      > > some form of straight bar (I don't know which however: Any advice
      from
      > > others appreciated)
      > >
      > > The thing I did not like about it is that it creates some form of
      torgue
      > > (momentum)that kills your arms in no-time. Furthermore it does
      not
      have the

      kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com >>>