Solo sled landing

  • kitesrfer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 6:19 AM
      Folks on the list are probably already doing this but I have been using a
      different solo landing method for my AR5's lately. It seems to work well in
      low to moderate wind, I haven't tried it in strong wind yet. You fly the
      kite down to a few feet off the beach to the edge of the wind window. You
      then rapidly pivot the kite on to the leading edge on the sand. Grab the two
      lines that are on the windward side of the kite and pull or run several feet,
      depending on the wind speed, to pivot the leading edge while resting on the
      sand into the wind. If the kite relaunches initially you just repeat the
      process until it stays put.

      Rick
    • Jef Van de Mosselaer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 5:22 AM
        There is photo on the wipika website of someone surfing with a high aspect
        wipika. (section 'photographs of Dominican Republic') Does anybody know
        more about this ? Are they making an AR5 series too ?