Re: [ksurf] Re: Helmets...

  • kitesrfer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      <<<If you're going to bother wearing a helmet then you really want to have
      your
      ears covered. Ear first, head plants are extremely painful and can lead to
      perforated ear-drums.

      I used Pro-Tech helmets in the past and the Gath helmets are way better.
      Much lighter and more confortable.

      --
      Regards

      Greg>>>

      I like many of the design aspects of the Gath helmets including comfort but
      am totally lost on one thing. Why do they have no forehead cover, except for
      a thin piece of neoprene? I have also noticed that the interior foam padding
      in the Pro-Tech helmets is more substantial. I agree with you that ear
      protection would be a strong plus. If I had to chose between healing a
      perforated ear drum and a frontal concussion...

      Rick